Join the Maple Leaf family as a Trip Operations Specialist!
Dates of employment:
Full-time, permanent, with a start as soon as possible.
Be part of the small business team who grew a tiny ecotourism company into one of Canada’s most respected expedition cruise operators – rated the Trip of a Lifetime by National Geographic – guided by triple bottom line principles.
Our Ideal Candidate: we strive to create a collegial, good-humoured and professional small office environment, where all of the team members have a keen understanding of life aboard our ships and the nature of the experiences we provide.
This operations position is at the heart of our company. It is the ideal choice for someone who loves our coastal nature and adventure travel, thrives in a fast-paced, task-oriented environment, and is interested in a long-term career in marine tourism. This is still a small company so you’ll have the opportunity to be responsible for several different things in this position.
You will fit in well if you have:
- – Friendliness and good humour;
- – Demonstrated experience organizing complex tasks;
- – Experience in an office environment;
- – Clear and respectful communicator;
- – Flexibility where needed, and a demonstrated ability to create and improve information systems; and
- – It is an asset, though not required to have experience in tourism or marine operations similar to those we operate.
Duties and Employment Logistics
Duties vary within the office – the position is part of a team with similar roles – but typically includes responsibility for some combination of the following:
- – Logistical planning and travel experience support
- – Human resources administration, including employment contracts, certifications,
- – Travel and shipping logistics and scheduling
- – Regulatory permitting
- – Participating in coordinating commissioning and decommissioning the ships
- – Maintaining government grants and company qualifications for third-party standards
- – Assisting with the preparations for crew training
- – Primary communications between the office and ships while at sea
- – Other logistical operations support as required. This position is a key coordinator of the company’s operations.
Where qualified, the Trip Operations Specialist is encouraged to participate in work aboard the vessels. Let us know if you have, or plan to obtain, the certifications required for crew or guiding roles.
We are able to consider only candidates who are in the Victoria, BC, area. Although we have occasional options for working from home during covid-19, the position is part of a collaborative team based in downtown Victoria.
Compensation and Benefits:
- – Salary compensation commensurate with other staff in similar roles at the company, and experience.
How to Apply: Either:
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs[at]MapleLeafAdventures[dot]com. In your cover letter, please make sure to address your experience in fast-paced office environments, organizing tasks or projects, and in marine or tourism roles.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls or drop-ins please. In your cover letter, please confirm that you are eligible to work in Canada and are able to attend our office in Victoria, BC for an interview.