Maple Leaf Summer Work Party Update
It was time for her summer spa treatment — 5 days of tender loving care for this great ship after her spring and early summer trips.
We thought you would enjoy a few photos from that summer work party. Here is some of what we did:
- Sanded and varnished the mahogany cap rails.
- Sanded and varnished almost every piece of brightwork on deck, from the vent lids to the window frames, to the toe rails and butterfly hatches.
- Sanded and repainted the bright red foredeck.
- Sanded and painted the decks with Cetol.
- Touched up the white paint on hull and steps where necessary.
- Installed new wooded fridge lids, created this spring by Paul Smith.
Thanks to the Maple Leaf summer work party crew: Kevin Smith, Brandon Harvey, Paul Smith, Ashley Stocks, Skye Maitland, James Maine, Tavish Campbell, and Maureen Gordon.