Free Flight or Hotel Night on April 2017 Trips If Booked by Feb 15, 2017
Book an April 2017 trip on either Maple Leaf or Swell before February 15, 2017, and you’ll receive a free local flight from the end of your trip back to either Vancouver airport or Victoria airport (your choice).
If you prefer, on the Gulf Islands / Salish Sea trips you can opt for a night in a suite at the beautiful Sidney Waterfront Inn, in Sidney, BC, before your trip instead of the flight.
Value: Up to approx $250 per person.
- Gulf Islands National Park Reserve April 20-24 (Swell)
- Gulf Islands National Park Reserve April 22-26 (Maple Leaf)
- Vancouver Island Inside Passage April 25-May 2 (Swell)
- Vancouver Island Inside Passage South April 24-May 4 (Maple Leaf)
Note: If you are already booked on these trips, we will contact you this winter about your flights.
Terms and Conditions (aka the fine print):
- Includes the flight but not any baggage fees that may be applicable.
- Guests must accept the travel date and flight booking provided by Maple Leaf Adventures. Not redeemable for cash value or trip credit; not transferrable to other people; not for use with other trips; no substitutions. We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
- Maple Leaf Adventures is not liable for any failure on your part to check in, nor for any rebooking costs you might incur, and is under no obligation to change our departure time to accommodate a missed flight. Private transportation to the ship in the wilderness is very expensive. Please check in for your flight on time.
- Maple Leaf Adventures is under no obligation to change our departure time to accommodate late luggage.
- Please note, the flights are operated by airlines, not us, and Maple Leaf Adventures is not responsible or liable for the flight or your baggage.
- If a suite is not available at the time of your booking, we will book you in the best available room.
Big Savings on USD Exchange Rate
As of late 2016, the Canadian dollar is substantially lower than the US dollar.
As a result, when you convert the price of our trips to USD, it works out to about 25% less. (Even our Alaska trips, which are priced in Canadian dollars.)
For example, on Nov 2, 2016, 1 Canadian dollar was worth 73 cents USD. So a trip that is priced at CAD $5,000 is about USD $3650!
Full Ship Charters & Family-Friends Trips
Take your family and friends for a journey through the natural and cultural history of the British Columbia / Alaska coast.
Our boutique ships are perfect for full ship charters – an extended family can fill a ship for a personalized trip. (Contact us about the possibility of larger groups.)
And, you can charter an entire trip with fewer people than a full ship, too!
- All trip logistics and planning based on your interests and our expertise in the area
- All accommodations and cruising from the trip’s designated start point to the trip’s designated end point
- All meals and snacks by our personal chef, and all beverages including wine and beer
- All shore excursions and guiding
- Use of gear on board including kayaks, fishing gear and other items
- Interpretation from our naturalists who include top scientists and educators
- Conversations with leaders on the coast – First Nations leaders, researchers, and others we meet along the way
- Personalized care and attention by Maple Leaf’s stellar crew and staff
- Assistance with your travel arrangements
- Not included: In Canada, 5% GST (goods and services tax) and the $100 sustainability fee per person; in Alaska, the $100 sustainability fee per person. Any tip you might wish to leave your crew. Travel to and from the ship (unless otherwise specified). A fishing licence if you want to buy one.
Full Ship Charter Pricing vs. Family and Friends Trips (Booking As Individuals)
1. Full Ship Charter for Up to 12 Guests Across 6 Cabins (Up to 10 Guests in Haida Gwaii)
- Chartering a full trip as a group with one payment for deposit and one payment for final balance.
- If a member of the group decides they cannot come, the booking still stands at the same price because the trip is the exclusive charter of the entire ship.
- On the tugboat Swell: Is for up to 12 guests (except Haida Gwaii where it is up to 10 guests). The fare is 95% of the fare for 12 guests (for Haida Gwaii, it’s 95% of the fare for 10 guests in the category 3 and category 2 cabins), plus the sustainability fee and GST.
- On the schooner Maple Leaf: Is for up to 8 guests*. The fare is 95% of the fare for 8 guests, plus the sustainability fee and GST. * Contact us about a possible additional guest or two on the Maple Leaf only.
2. Family-Friends Trip with Individual Bookings
- Exclusive right to book onto a trip for a set period of time, in order for a series of friends and family members to all book the same trip together.
- Includes a deadline after which other people can book onto the trip if it is not fully booked by the friends and family members.
- Does not exclusively reserve the trip, unless the trip is filled up by the friends/ family members.
- Each party books individually. If they cancel, the regular booking refund policy applies. Their place would be filled either by other friends/family members in the group or by other people who would like to book on the trip. This is governed by the exclusive booking deadline.
- The regular fare amount applies as this is a trip with all individual bookings.
3. For School or Youth Trips:
Maple Leaf Adventures has been offering leadership, life skills, biology and sail training expeditions for youth since 1986. Our clients include the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets, the Girl Guides of Canada, and schools. For numbers, options and pricing, please contact us.
For Other Events:
Contact us for details.
Trips do start filling early, so to reserve a full ship charter, please contact us as soon as you are able, so that you can get the dates you want.