Free Flights on Select 2019 Trips Booked by Dec 31, 2018!
To celebrate Cascadia’s inaugural season, we’re offering a little extra.
Book select trips on Maple Leaf, Swell, or Cascadia before December 31, 2018, and you’ll receive a free two-way local flight between either Vancouver airport or Victoria airport and your trip’s departure and return ports.
If you prefer, on the Gulf Islands / Salish Sea or Wild Side trips you can opt for a night in a suite at a nearby hotel in Sidney, BC, (Gulf Islands) or Port Hardy, BC, (Wild Side) before or after your trip instead of the flights.
Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, Apr 15-19 (Swell), Apr 16-20 (Maple Leaf)
Salish Sea with Canadian Geographic, Apr 21-25 (Swell and Maple Leaf)
Desolation Sound, May 5-9 (Maple Leaf), May 6-10, May 11-15 (Swell) NEW ON SWELL!
Wild Side of Vancouver Island, Jul 14-20, Jul 21-27 (Cascadia) NEW ITINERARY!
Conditions and Details
- You must book and pay for your deposit by Dec 31, 2018 to qualify.
- Offer not transferable to other dates and is not redeemable for cash or trip credit if you decline the flight, hotel stay or fail to check in for your flights or hotel.
- Offer not valid with any other promotions or special offers.
- You will receive your flight or hotel confirmation after you have paid for your trip in full.
- Offer includes flight only or hotel room only. Maple Leaf Adventures is not responsible for any additional charges or fees such as bag fees, room service fees, movie fees, upgrades, etc.
- Please note, flights and accommodation provided are operated by other companies, and Maple Leaf Adventures is not responsible or liable for your belongings or experience you have while you are enjoying your flight or stay with them.
- Up to a $700 value per person
Big Savings on USD Exchange Rate
Currently, the Canadian dollar is substantially lower than the US dollar.
As a result, when you convert the price of our trips to USD, it works out to about 20 to 25% less. (Even our Alaska trips, which are priced in Canadian dollars.)
For example, on Nov 2, 2018, a trip priced at CAD $5,000 would be about USD $3810!
Full Ship Charters & Family-Friends Trips
Take your family and friends for a journey through the natural and cultural history of the British Columbia / Alaska coast.
Our boutique ships are perfect for full ship charters – an extended family can fill a ship for a personalized trip. (Contact us about the possibility of larger groups.)
And, you can charter an entire trip with fewer people than a full ship, too!
- All trip logistics and planning based on your interests and our expertise in the area
- All accommodations and cruising from the trip’s designated start point to the trip’s designated end point
- All meals and snacks by our personal chef, and all beverages including wine and beer
- All shore excursions and guiding
- Use of gear on board including kayaks, fishing gear and other items
- Interpretation from our naturalists who include top scientists and educators
- Conversations with leaders on the coast – First Nations leaders, researchers, and others we meet along the way
- Personalized care and attention by Maple Leaf’s stellar crew and staff
- Assistance with your travel arrangements
- Not included: In Canada, 5% GST (goods and services tax) and the $100 sustainability fee per person; in Alaska, the $100 sustainability fee per person. Any tip you might wish to leave your crew. Travel to and from the ship (unless otherwise specified). A fishing licence if you want to buy one.
Full Ship Charter Bookings vs. Family and Friends Trips (Booking As Individuals)
1. Full Ship Charter for Up to 12 Guests Across 6 Cabins
- Chartering a full trip as a group with one payment for deposit and one payment for final balance.
- If a member of the group decides they cannot come, the booking still stands at the same price because the trip is the exclusive charter of the entire ship.
- On the tugboat Swell: Is for up to 12 guests. The fare is the equivalent of the fare for 12 guests, plus the sustainability fee and GST.
- On the schooner Maple Leaf: Is for up to 8 guests*. The fare is the equivalent of the fare for 8 guests, plus the sustainability fee and GST. *Contact us about a possible additional guest or two on the Maple Leaf only.
2. Family-Friends Trip with Individual Bookings
- Exclusive right to book onto a trip for a set period of time, in order for a series of friends and family members to all book the same trip together.
- Includes a deadline after which other people can book onto the trip if it is not fully booked by the friends and family members.
- Does not exclusively reserve the trip, unless the trip is filled up by the friends/ family members.
- Each party books and pays individually. If they cancel, the regular booking refund policy applies. Their place would be filled either by other friends/family members in the group or by other people who would like to book on the trip. This is governed by the exclusive booking deadline.
3. For School or Youth Trips:
Maple Leaf Adventures has been offering leadership, life skills, biology and sail training expeditions for youth since 1986. Our clients include the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets, the Girl Guides of Canada, and schools. For numbers, options and pricing, please contact us.
For Other Events:
Contact us for details.
Trips do start filling early, so to reserve a full ship charter, please contact us as soon as you are able, so that you can get the dates you want.
Solo Travellers Have Options
For decades, many solo travellers have enjoyed their trips and come back to experience more of the coast with us. Why?
Every minute on a trip can be a great experience, as we are travelling with just a small number of guests on beautiful ships, full of character. Our expert guides, mariners and crew are always available for conversation or to share their skills — it’s like having a number of other build-in solo travellers already on the trip with you. And because our trips are taken by people who want to really experience the nature and culture of an area, there is a great camaraderie that builds, between all guests.
Flexible Booking Options
Maple Leaf (schooner): There is no single supplement. Instead, you share a sleeping area with one other person of the same sex. But this trip is not about being in your bed — it’s about watching wildlife on deck, sharing a great meal in the galley, going ashore, touring in the small boats, and so on.
Swell (tugboat): Book one of her cozy cabins to yourself for less than the price for two people in it, and for 150% of the price of a shared single.
Cascadia (catamaran): When you book, let us know you’re if you’re interested in sharing a cabin with another person of the same sex and if we can, we’ll match you up with a roommate. If you book a cabin to yourself, it’s the same 50% single supplement. If you share, we refund the single supplement.