Explore remote wilderness where ancient Haida villages can be visited. Spend time with knowledgeable Haida Watchmen who will guide you to see mortuary poles, and remains of long houses. Take in wild sights of humpback whales, intertidal life, and puffins....
- Cruise into Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and Haida Heritage Site, a remote and culturally rich landscape on the southern half of Haida Gwaii and the Queen Charlotte Islands.
- Visit ancient village sites and witness the remains of big houses and memorial poles
- Listen to the stories and knowledge of Haida Guardian Watchmen who look after village sites and share their culture
- learn about coastal culture, from Haida earliest culture to the present
- Explore the region’s beautiful island landscape, remote beaches, rich intertidal life, and old growth temperate rainforest
- Beach-comb and land on remote islands.
- Experience humpback whales in their feeding habitat
- Watch a black bear forage at low tide
- Investigate the intricacies of Haida Gwaii’s endemic and rare species