Hiring: Adventure Travel Customer Service & Trip Operations Coordinator
This position is the ideal choice for a self-starter with solid communications and coordination experience, who loves travel, the outdoors and the idea of ecotourism at a very high level of professionalism.
If you like writing and helping people with questions, administering projects in precise detail, inspiring others, and coordinating the movements of people and goods, this may be for you. (If you like just half of these things, this is not for you.)
This is not a management position; we see the ideal candidate as someone who seeks to master the job and grow in responsibility over time. If you’re ready to give it your all as key member in an exciting organization, we’d like to talk.
Maple Leaf Adventures is a small, privately owned company that has deliberately chosen to have a quadruple bottom line: where environmental, social and financial values are joined by the fun factor as critical metrics of our company’s success. We are inspired by exploration, creating great experiences, and the rich British Columbia and Alaska coast.
Our multi-day expedition cruises in remote BC and Alaska are internationally rated as some of the top adventure travel experiences in the world. This comes from a spectacular environment, a natural love of hosting guests, a disciplined approach to operations, respect for people of all kinds along the coast, and the vision to create something world-class.
At Maple Leaf, you will be a key part of a small, dynamic team that is dedicated to these principles. You’ll be proud to work hard, with lots of attention to detail, and participate in the rewards of growing, world-class adventure travel company on our spectacular coast.
A small business requires people to “wear several hats” and do work on different professional levels. You will find this applies here. The focus of your work will vary from season to season.
Your primary responsibility will be customer service (sales) including administering and coordinating bookings and guest materials for our trips. Also important will be the support you provide the operation of the trips, and some reception duties.
To be successful, you need to have an innate love of helping people, excellent time management skills, a love of teamwork, excellent writing skills, proficiency with software, and be great at communicating about your workload to your supervisor.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
Guest Sales, Service and Administration
– Answer trip inquiries (phone and email), assessing whether people are right for our trips, helping them decide on a trip.
– Arrange and take bookings using our in-house CRM software, send quotes, brochures, receipts, confirmations and pre-trip materials, and answer pre-trip questions.
– Help achieve company’s goals for sales, manage reservation holds, cancellations, waiting lists and follow-up emails to help maximize the number of people who can travel each year.
– Curate all guest pre-trip forms, and output information in reports for crew. Send post- trip communications.
– Maintain and edit welcome aboard package content and manage file storage/version control in-house and published on website. Assist with updating brochures, uploading to website, and keeping brochures section of site organized. Help with simple changes to template emails and website, and misc testing and copyediting.
– Annually, research, create and distribute trip boarding time matrix and instructions for guests on getting to the ship.
– Coordinate, track and deliver promotions as assigned such as guest flights.
– Coordinate and track the souvenirs sold in our gift shop.
– Create organizational systems and make improvements to your processes.
– Assist part-time with general reception in the office.
– Other duties, as assigned.
– Research and manage efficient crew and guest travel in and out of ports on the coast and international border crossings.
– Help plan and arrange suppliers, supply systems, moorage as necessary in remote parts of the coast and assist with the supplying of the ship. Troubleshoot as needed.
– Plan, coordinate and track trip administration details such as land use reports, onboard merchandise sales and inventory, and crew employment and training documents.
– Help with the coordination and administration of other trip-related processes.
Skills and Qualifications Required – The right attitude is everything!
Below are the qualifications that the perfect candidate would have; the world is not perfect, so if you believe you are ready for the challenge, and you have the attitude of a great team player, we encourage you to apply and explain how you’ll kick this out of the park and why you have the experience to do that.
– A few years of professional work experience, with a mix of communications and organizational duties.
– Excellent listener and verbal communication skills, with ability to quickly establish a warm, mutually respectful rapport with others.
– Proven excellent written communications skills, and good typing speed.
– Good time management skills.
– Proven ability to work independently but as part of a close-knit team.
– Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
– Problem-solver, self-starter.
– 4-year degree or equivalent education and critical thinking demonstrated.
– Proficiency with professional office software including Excel, Word, Acrobat, Outlook.
– Demonstrated use of triple-bottom-line principles in your daily life.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
An individual with a “let’s make this happen” attitude will get most out of this position.
– You thrive in a fast-paced, “whatever it takes to get it done” work environment.
– Familiarity with adventure travel or outdoor expeditions.
– Ability to help onboard the trips.
Compensation and Location
– This is a full-time position that pays a competitive salary with benefits package.
– This position is in beautiful Victoria, B.C., capital of B.C.’s vibrant tourism community, in an attractive office in old town.
– You’ll experience first-hand the magic of the adventures, rated the “Trip of a Lifetime” by Frommer’s and one of the “50 Tours of a Lifetime” by National Geographic Traveler, through experiencing the trips.
How to Apply & Deadline
– Deadline for applications is 11:59 pm on Thursday, July 28, 2016.
– Please send resume with cover letter to Jobs [at] MapleLeafAdventures.com. No phone calls please.
- Posted in